Friday, September 10, 2010

I'm sitting in a cafe in Ubud, which is a town over from my host family. I kind feel like I live a double life here. In Ubud its all of these amazing, trendy but cheap boutiques and super luxurious coffee shops (Illy espresso and high tea!), but its all tourists and no Balinese. I mostly come into town to send emails, here internet is a place, not a state of being. Back home in my homestay, I have this absolutely beautiful guest house (Balinese live in compounds) with a gold and red painted door and my own veranda. Its really simple in the inside, but clean. My ibu (host mom) is a seamstress (its kinda dangerous, I packed more than anyone else already), and I have a 19 year-old host sister. I've been scary lizards and mice size cockroaches and gorgeous temples, and a cockfight, and rice paddies, and a cremation, and in the next few days, I'll go to a wedding and a tooth filing. Its been amazing and overwhelming, I'll write more when I can process it.

Lovelovelove you ALL!

1 comment: