Sunday, September 12, 2010

Benvinguda a Barcelona

¡Hola Chicas!

Pues, here I am in Barcelona! I can't put my finger on what exactly it is I feel here but its different, completely different then what I expected. Its a big city where you can be annoynmous if you want to and vice versa. I live with my host mother in a apartment in the hills, literally a two minute walk from Park Güell. I have a big room, nice bed, and a great view, I can actually see the Mediterranean from my window, its crazyness. So far I've been out and am starting to settle in with people in my program. I really want to get in with the locals which I heard isn't the easiest since people here live with their families until like 25. I've found this website, spotted by locals, and think I'm going to try and venture out to some of those places! I need a cozy coffee shop, jazz bar, etc. There is one girl in my group Cat who I get along with fairly well, she's from New Orleans and reminds me of Nay. She is into the whole blending with the locals and just vibing. One thing is for sure that you can be whatever you want here.lol. They make me miss my lip ring! People are hard to categorize and style here is something along sloppy chic which I can appreciate, I more so like that you can look and act however you want and its generally accepted, very laid back attitudes ;)

I think I'm in for a truly life changing semester, from the day I stepped foot in Barcelona I felt uncomfortable and out of my element and I think that's a good thing. I plan in visiting the of Spain to see Oriana, and an old friend of mine is in Madrid, need the well-rounded experience of España since Barcelona really does its own thing!

I miss you all! Skype dates soon!
Un besito y un abrazo,
<3 Dolce

No comments:

Post a Comment