Friday, July 30, 2010

Butterflies

It's almost August. One month until we're taking care of frosh (or corrupting their innocence), clubbing in Spain (please meet a man that looks like David Villa), exploring a new world in Bali (Eat, Pray, Love?), or creating new bonds in Amherst (expect lots of visits). We've come a long way, ladies.

It's been a crazy summer so far. I finally got my ID and I must say...21 is SOOOO much better than 20! My first night out with it and I thought I was going to have to sleep on a bench in Harvard yard :P I've been having to craft some pretty elaborate lies to go out in the first place, but it's worth it. Totes worth it. I talk to interesting men, they buy me an $8 cocktail, and back to my girls!

Other than illegally drinking and clubbing, I've been working a lot. Both becoming more civically engaged (National Popular Vote passed in MA!), and getting extremely disillusioned with the political system. Hopefully this disillusionment will only give me more drive and motivation...

Things with Iskra are...non-existent. I like him, I think. But there's not a spark between us or butterflies in my stomach. I'm not saying we're not continue to hook up this summer. I'm just saying that I'm gonna be spending a lot of time with Renzie's froshies come the fall.

Which reminds me: When butterflies fall in love, do they feel people in the stomachs?

-LoveJoy

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if people in the stomach feel the same as butterflies...hmmm

    ReplyDelete